DIGITAL DENTAL X-RAYS
Digital X-rays are quick, easy and much safer than traditional x -rays. Dr. Leslie Anthony is able to capture an image by simply placing the sensor into your mouth, aligning the digital X-ray machine with the sensor and as a result, capture images of your teeth. Once the X-ray is taken, for instance the image is immediately displayed onto the screen for Dr. Anthony to view.
X-rays allow Dr. Leslie Anthony the ability to:
- See between and inside your teeth
- View the roots of your teeth and soft tissues
- See the bone underneath your gums and any bone loss that may occur
- Find cavities, fractures, and infections
How often are X-rays taken?
Dental X-rays are an essential part of dental exams therefor, are valuable diagnostic tool. However, everyone’s mouth is unique and has different oral health. So, Dr. Anthony will recommend an X-ray schedule depending on your individual needs. All new patients receive a comprehensive set of digital X-rays at their first visit.
Types of X-rays
- Bite wing – Offers a visual of the upper and lower back teeth to determine if decay is present.
- Periapical – Provides a view of the entire tooth, from exposed crown to the end of the root and the bones that support the tooth.
- Full Mouth Series – A series of 18 different views, including an x-ray of every tooth in your mouth. Leslie Anthony and her team of hygienists take this series once every 5 years.
- Panoramic – Offers a view of the teeth, jaw, sinuses, and nasal area
Safety and benefits of digital X-rays
- Less Radiation – Digital X-rays use up to 80% less radiation than film X-rays, making them safer for patients and staff.
- Higher quality images – Once the images are taken and appear on the screen, digital X-rays can be enlarged or magnified to better view any areas of concern. They can also be compared side by side to previous X-rays to compare any changes.
- Immediate image preview and availability meaning shorter appointment times for patients.
To schedule your new patient appointment or your regular checkup, contact us today to set up an appointment. Dr. Leslie Anthony and her team are here to help you feel your best.